CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR WINNER
ARLULA OFF TO TOULOUSE, THANKS TO AIRBUS!
IAC 2017 –THE FINAL RESULT
Adelaide, Sept 27th 2017: After a terrific final pitch session, judges at the Airbus/Delta-V NewSpace & Innovation Session at IAC2017 concluded that Arlula's combination of legal eagles, a two-sided marketplace, and unlocking the value of existing space assets was the most complete business pitch.
His Excellency Mr Christophe Penot, French Ambassador to Australia presented the award to Arlula's Sebastian Chaoui alongside the MD of AIrbus Group Australia Pacific, Tony Fraser.
Honourable mention must be made to runners-up Inovor Technologies for their vision of spacecraft imaging spacecraft, and NextAero who brought along working hardware and shared some incredible videos of their 3D-printed aerospike engine test-firing in the Australian outback - check it out below.
UPDATE: FINAL TEAMS CHOSEN TO PITCH AT IAC2017
- 18th of Sept: We're very excited to announce the final three teams pitching at IAC2017!
- Innovor, Arlula and NextAero were judged to have given the most convincing pitches by our panel of French, US and Australian judges.
- They will now be competing at IAC2017 for the chance for two team-members to travel to Toulouse, courtesy of Airbus!
UPDATE ROUND TWO – SEVEN TEAMS SELECTED TO PITCH
- 30th of Aug: The top seven teams were picked by a panel of six Delta-V and Airbus Judges
- These teams were invited to develop two videos and a pitch deck - to gather both detail feedback, and test how developed their ideas were.
- Teams had a tight timeframe, submitting their entries by 12:00am AWST, 13th of Sept 2017.
UPDATE ROUND ONE – FOURTEEN ENTRIES RECEIVED
- The 2017 Newspace Innovation Challenge is a chance for up to two teams present at the Newspace & Innovation Session to be held at IAC2017 in Adelaide, September 27th 2017
- We received fourteen entries in total as of Midnight on the 27th of August – and were pretty blown away by the quality of talent and thinking showcased by this first challenge
- All teams are automatic members of the Delta-V community
- Selected teams will have a chance to make a video pitch for presentation spots at the IAC.
- At the time of writing, most Round One teams have received feedback on their pitches.
- To pitch competitively with other competition entrants, and alongside funded Aussie Newspace & Spatial startups Cuberider, Fleet.space, Gilmour Space Technologies, Myriota, Neumann Space and Ozius Spatial.
- All participants receive feedback, exposure, and a chance to connect with the burgeoning global Space, Newspace and Spatial sectors
- FREE entry, your ideas confidential until you're ready to pitch them, you retain all IP (of course!)
- Two team-members from the winning pitch will travel to Toulouse to meet European aerospace companies, courtesy of Airbus!
ABOUT THE 2017 Newspace Innovation CHALLENGE
The inaugural 2017 NewSpace Innovation Challenge is aimed at startup, R&D, business and student teams who have new ideas for solving problems, creating ventures and/or unlocking new opportunities using Space and Spatial technologies.
The challenge takes the form of three rounds of competitive pitching, with two winners being chosen to pitch at the world’s premier space conference, IAC2017 in Adelaide in September 2017 alongside iconic Australian NewSpace and Spatial businesses Cuberider, Fleet Space, Gilmour Space Technologies, Myriota, Neumann Space, and Ozius Spatial, and supported by ACSER @ UNSW, Heo-Robotics, Hypercubes, Moonshot-X, Saber Astronautics, Sydney University SpaceNet, and X-Lab Ventures.
#represent Australia AT AN OFFICIAL IAC2017 SESSION!
For maximum impact and exposure, challenge organisers Delta-V and Airbus, along with session co-sponsors CNES and the SA Government, have organised for the final challenge pitch session to occur as part of the New Space and Innovation Session at IAC2017 in Adelaide, on the afternoon of Wednesday 27th September, 2017 .
The IAC2017 is the premiere space industry event on the international space research calendar, and it is occurring at a particularly important moment for Australia, with the nation now considering setting up a space agency to help leverage our $3bn annual expenditure on space systems and services to drive local industry growth within the fast-growing $400bn+ global space industry.
THE Challenge COMPETITION TIMELINE & Structure
The challenge will open for entries on August 9th 2017, with submissions closing on midnight 27th August for Round One, and 10th September for those teams selected to go through to round 2. Invites to IAC2017 for the two finalist teams will be announced on the 13th of September, 2017.
ROUND 1 – CHALLENGE ENTRY
DATES: Now Closed for Entries
OBJECTIVE: Pitch your idea and team!
WHAT CAN I WIN? Top submissions will gain individual pitch training in Round 2, plus a day pass to the NewSpace and Innovation Session at the IAC on the afternoon of 27th Sept., 2017.
ACTIVITY: Develop and submit your Round 1 pitch - good luck!
SUPPORT PROVIDED: This website!
ROUND 2 – VIDEO PITCH
DATES: Aug 30 - Sept 10th, 2017
OBJECTIVE: Work on your pitch and presentation, and submit a video pitch
WHAT CAN I WIN? An invitation to pitch at the IAC 2017 NewSpace Innovation Session, and up to two team members located outside South Australia will each receive flights and accomodation up to the value of $750.
SUPPORT PROVIDED: Individual pitch training.
ROUND 3 – FINAL PITCHES AT IAC2017
DATES: The afternoon of September 27th 2017, in Adelaide at the IAC2017
OBJECTIVE: Pitch alongside Australia's leading NewSpace ventures, and get feedback from global and national industry peers. Lift the visibility of your project or venture. Gain experience on an international stage!
ACTIVITY: Be coached to develop your pitch, and if interstate, organise your travel to the event.
SUPPORT PROVIDED: Personal pitch mentoring, and Sponsor Prizes TBC.
CHALLENGE ORGANISERS & PRINCIPAL SPONSORS
YOU SHOULD ALSO ATTEND... SpaceGen ENTREPRENEURS
At IAC2017 in Adelaide, the space startup community is joining forces! In addition to the NewSpace Innovation Challenge, the Delta-V Alliance and Airbus are also partnering with the SpaceGen Entrepreneurs event organised by SGAC. This collaboration allows us to reach a wider audience and forge deeper connections between Australian startups and the international space community.
SpaceGen Entrepreneurs is an event organised during IAC 2017 by the Space Generation Advisory Council (SGAC) designed to connect entrepreneurs and potential entrepreneurs with startup veterans, Venture Capitalists, Investors, Business Angels and Business Incubators. This event is attracting proactive and high-calibre entrepreneurs passionate about commercialising different aspects of the space industry, and looking to meet with mentors/VCs/Investors.
Venue: Hall C of the Adelaide Convention Centre, IAC 2017 venue.
Date: Wednesday, 27 September at 16:00h, followed by a networking cocktail at 17:00h.
Click here for more details.
IAC2017 GLOBAL PROMO VIDEO
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. When does the competition start? 9th of August 2017
Q. How do we apply? Fill out the form linked from http://deltav.co/iac2017 (this page!)
Q. If we get through to Round 2 or 3, do we get a pass to the whole IAC2017? Your pass is valid for the day of the NewSpace Innovation Session, Wednesday 27th September, 2017.